Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Broncos vs. Titans Report

It's not very often I go to sporting events, let alone twice in a week's time. My brother Dylan called me yesterday afternoon to invite me to the Broncos vs. Titans on Monday Night Football. It was my first regular season Broncos game and only the second game I have ever attended. We had pretty good seats. We were behind the north goal post about 30 rows from the field.

The crowd was a raucous one compared to the Nuggets game I went to on Wednesday. I realized very quickly why. Nearly everyone is drunk BEFORE the game! I was walking from the light rail station to Invesco Field and saw tons of tailgaiters and several people swigging down brews before they got into the stadium, because they weren't allowed to bring them in.

Despite the obvious atrocities of drunk driving and the poor decision making that accompanies alcohol consumption, you have to like that everyone is your friend. Every time Denver scored, you would hi-five the 15 people sitting around you, and they were your best friends. These were season tickets, and Dylan's friend Jeff goes to every game. So did the 15 people around us. As a result, it was a family reunion every time they got together. You don't get that at other games like you do with the Broncos.

The Broncos won 34-20. Jay Cutler and Vince Young, two of the 3 top quarterbacks of the 2006 NFL draft squared off. Jay Cutler didn't throw for as many yards, but he had the better game of the two players. I had a good time, my throat is a little sore, but it was worth it.

Let's see if I can get another free ticket to another sporting event. Two in a week, I'm on a roll.

No comments: