Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

So it's Friday and not Thanksgiving anymore, but I think this whole weekend is a time to celebrate. Didn't the Pilgrims and Native Americans eat and celebrate for 3 days anyway? Isn't it astounding how a holiday that is in place to celebrate the right to worship how, where, and what we choose, has become synonymous with eating lots of food, watching football, and priming for Black Friday Christmas shopping deals?

Excuse me while I get on my soapbox for a moment. I took time yesterday and this past week to think about what I'm grateful for. Particularly, I am grateful for my challenges and adversities over the last 18 months. Through my faith and my family and just learning to believe in myself, I have overcome many things and feel like I've grown up in leaps and bounds. We've received many blessings as well and we are anxiously looking forward to a great 2008.

No comments: